Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jodhaa .. Akbar

This sunday, I just wanted to watch this movie that is directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. Well, there is a reason for me to watch this movie. Hrithik Roshan stars in this movie and then there are the haunting eyes of Aishwarya Rai. A.R.Rehman already made an indelible impression with his music.

But then there have been instances in the past, despite good reviews and excellent combos, I haven't stepped in the theaters. But then this is a movie on my favorite subject - History. So there is no way that I can miss out on this.

Firstly I am not going to write a review of how the movie is a well-made one with the excellent technicalities that it can boast of. I am certainly amazed if the Emporer Akbar is the man that Hrithik portrayed on celluloid! All through the years, in the books of History, Akbar was a good enough king to be taught to students as one.

But then I cannot comprehend how Akbar can be such a staunch secularist as portrayed when the fact that the Mughal Empire he heads is not so. Akbar has not done much for the Hindus except for the waiver of the dreaded "Jijiya Tax". Well, I do not proclaim to know everything that Akbar did, but then will sure would like to know more about the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home